Maternal Mental Health Resources
1 in 5 women will experience a maternal mental health complication. While these are all disorders that can affect anyone in their lifetime they are more prevalent in pregnancy and postpartum.
Perinatal mood and anxiety Disorders include:
Depression, Anxiety, Postpartum Panic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Psychosis and Perinatal Bipolar Disorder.
When to get help?
If you experience:
- sadness, depression
- anxiety, panic
- feeling totally overwhelmed
- feeling guilty, regretful, hopeless, ashamed
- difficulty bonding with your baby
- feeling irritable or angry with those around changes in appetite and sleep
- upsetting thoughts you can’t get out of your mind
- feeling as if you’re out of control
- feeling like you should never have become a mother
- worry you might hurt the baby or yourself